Sabathani programs serve 30,000 people a year with a food shelf, free clothing and household goods, after-school programming for kids, a senior center and health and wellness services for all ages. Sabathani leverages resources with nonprofits and small businesses in its building to serve even more needs.
|March Food Drive Campaign
Sabathani Food Shelf/ Mrs. Walker's Market
When: March 1, 2014- April 7, 2014
Where: Sabathani Community Center
310 E. 38th St. LL 20
Minneapolis, MN 55409
*What We Need*:
Food Shelf fact sheet_foodshare_appeal.doc
What You Can Do:
*Recruit family, friends, neighbors, co-workers & members of your faith community to help organize a food drive.
*Set a goal and challenge yourself and your team.
*Give a tax deductible donation. Drop it off! Mail it! Go Online!
*Every $1 and every pound of food donated to our foodshelf in March earns us incentive $$ from Minnesota FoodShare and the annual $1 Million Feinstein Challenge.
*Every $1 you donate gives us the ability to purchase $9-$20 worth of food from our local foodbanks.
Sponsored in collaboration with Minnesota Food Share.
Call 612-821-2302 for more information.
M-F: 8:30 AM -3:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM- 11:30 AM
2014 Sabathani Tax Service
Free VITA Tax Service
Starting Saturday, February 8th, 2014
Registration: 8:30 A.M. - 10:30 A.M.
Tax Preparation: 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Family Resources: Room 221
Available Every Saturday starting Feburary 8th through April 12th
First come - First Served
For additional information, contact 612.821.2396
Sabathani: How We Operate
Sabathani is a non-profit multi-service organization serving a diverse community in four program areas:
- Building Strong Healthy Families
- Creating School Success for Children and Teens
- Keeping Seniors Active and Healthy
- Community-based Health Resources
- Advocacy – We champion and advance the best interests of community residents
- Civic Engagement – We encourage and support individual and collective actions to identify and address issues of public concern
- Collaboration – We engage in innovative partnerships that promote community growth
- Diversity – We value all individuals, cultures and communities
- Empowerment – We provide programs and services that build upon people’s assets and promote self-sufficiency
- Inclusive – We welcome everyone to Sabathani Community Center
- Leadership – We are dedicated to excellence, continuous improvement and accountability in all that we do
- Stewardship – We deploy our resources efficiently, effectively and ethically
- Strong programs – We partner with others to deliver programs that fulfill our mission and vision
- Trustworthiness – We conduct ourselves with integrity and expect the same from others